Step 1 – Research, Initial Contact, Confidential Franchise Evaluation Form
- Conduct initial website research and complete the confidential online evaluation form or call us
- Speak with The Distillery franchise sales.
- Franchise packet including confidential franchise evaluation form mailed to you.
- After reviewing the packet, promptly complete and return the confidential franchise evaluation form.
Step 2 – Disclosure, Follow up, Due Diligence
- The Distillery Franchising Corp will review your confidential evaluation form to determine eligibility. Qualified candidates must have a minimum net worth of $1,500,000.00 per store of which a substantial portion is in liquid assets. (Qualified candidates may include a partnership or corporation)
- Qualified candidates will be mailed our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD).
- Review FDD and prepare questions and comments.
- Follow up conversation to discuss the opportunity in greater depth.
- Schedule Exploration Day at The Distillery Restaurant Franchising Corp. (DRFC) in Rochester, New York.
Step 3 – Exploration, Validation, Business Summary, Continued Due Diligence
- Attend Exploration Day in Rochester, New York.
- Meet with President/CEO, as well as other members of The Distillery Restaurant Franchising Corp executive staff – this time will be used to thoroughly review the FDD, Area Development and
- Determine mutual interest in moving forward.
- Complete and return Business Plan Summary.
- Schedule interviews with current Franchisees.
Step 4 – Verification, Financing, Site Work, Plan Development
- Background check and credit history reports are obtained by DRFC. Candidates provide proof of liquidity.
- Contact your lending institution and establish financial terms.
- Study your territory and engage a retail tenant representative to begin searching for a site.
Step 5 – Formalize Agreement
If mutual interest is established, we will plan to move forward on a Development Agreement discussion,
- A defined development territory.
- Establishment of financial terms.
- Timeline of the first restaurant and future restaurants in the Development Agreement
- Finalize legal documents
- Execute initial Franchise Agreement ($30,000.00 franchise fee; if development agreement, pay
franchise fee as well as the development fee)
- Our Real Estate Department will visit your market to finalize your territory and review available sites.
Step 6 – Site Selection/Approval, Lease Negotiation, Store Design, Construction
As an official The Distillery Restaurant franchisee, you now have to find a viable location to open your first restaurant. The DRFC will assist you in your efforts to find and develop an acceptable location within your exclusive Development Territory.
- Submit your site application for approval.
- Negotiate your lease.
- Once capitalization of the restaurant is formalized, DRFC will assist you developing construction plans using an approved architect, which adhere to our unique brand identity.
- Select the General Contractor and build your restaurant.
Step 7 – Strategic Planning, Training
Prior to opening your first The Distillery Restaurant, a strategic planning session will take place at our corporate offices in Rochester, New York to cover the following topics:
- Create a groundbreaking development schedule.Training and opening activities for your first The Distillery Restaurant.
- Thorough review of The Distillery Restaurant Operations Manual.
Step 8 – Complete Construction & OPEN!
After successfully completing The Distillery Restaurant Training Program, you are now ready to open and operate your The Distillery Restaurant. Our Training Team will offer onsite support for a minimum of 10 days during the opening of your The Distillery and then our franchise field support team will visit you regularly to support your business.
- Open your 1st The Distillery Restaurant.